Please note the ChangeGroup will move to a temporary location (opposite Polo Ralph Lauren) on 23 May, and will return to its current location (next to the Bicester Visitor Centre) in July.
CHANGEGROUP TAX REFUNDS & MONEY EXCHANGE
ChangeGroup offers a service that gives you the opportunity to obtain VAT refunds in cash for purchases made in the boutiques while you are in the Village, in the currency of your choice.
ChangeGroup also allows you to exchange more than 40 currencies from around the world, into pounds to spend in the Village.
VAT REFUND FOR NON-EU GUESTS
In the UK, goods are subject to Value Added Tax (VAT) that is included in the sale price; this represents 20% of the price of your purchases. As a non-EU resident, you can reclaim any VAT paid on items purchased here and taken home with you, provided the claim is made within three months of the purchase.
VAT refund in three simple steps:
- Ask for a VAT refund form in the boutique when making your purchase.*
- Complete the form including your name (ensuring it is exactly as it appears on your passport), address and passport number.
- Have your VAT refund form certified at customs when departing from the EU. This needs to be completed within three months of the purchase being made.
For an immediate VAT cash refund, visit ChangeGroup located next to the Bicester Visitor Centre (until 23 May when it will be in a temporary location opposite Polo Ralph Lauren)
- Follow steps 1 and 2, as per the standard VAT refund process above.
- Present your completed forms, passport and a credit card (with six months’ validity and registered in your name).†
- Receive your cash VAT refund in the currency of your choice.‡
- Have your VAT refund form certified at your final point of departure from the EU within 15 days.
- You can leave your VAT forms with the tax desk at the airport, however to ensure they are received within the required deadline, we suggest posting your VAT forms yourself at the airport.
- Queues at customs in airports can be lengthy, ensure you allow enough time to process your forms.
For more information visit the HMRC website.
*Some brands in Bicester Village may require a minimum purchase value to qualify for the tax-refund service. Ask in the boutique for more information. The maximum cash refund at ChangeGroup is £3,000
† ChangeGroup accepts Visa, American Express and MasterCard. If the completed stamped form is not received within the required period, the pre-authorised credit card will be debited for the amount of the cash refund plus penalty/administration fees.
‡ A nominal fee per cash transaction applies of: £3.50 for Global Blue; and £3.50 for Premier Tax Free.
Guests should expect to receive between 9% and 14% of the tax originally spent due to administration or handling fees.