Privilege Programme Agreement
Including Data Protection Information and Consent
Participation in the Privilege Programme will provide you with VIP access to offers, promotions and access to information from our Villages around the world as well as from retail outlets in our Villages and from The Bicester Village Shopping Collection™.
You should read through the following terms and conditions to fully understand the basis upon which the Privilege Programme is provided to you including what information we collect about you, how we use the information, where we store the information and to whom the information is disclosed. The terms and conditions of this Agreement which relate to personal data are in addition to our individual privacy policies which relate to our use of information about you other than in connection with the Privilege Programme.
By clicking on the acceptance button below you confirm that you are aged 18 or over, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and you consent to our processing information about you in the manner and for the purposes specified below. You should read the entirety of this Agreement but your particular attention is drawn to the following data processing activities, all for the purposes of providing you with the Privilege Programme as described in this Agreement:
- We will collect and use information relating to your location, shopping activities and personal shopping preferences;
- We will transfer your information to locations outside the European Union (“EU”) and European Economic Area (“EEA”);
- We will provide your information to third parties including persons who process data on our behalf and to retail outlets at any of our Villages;
- The information we hold about you includes details of how to contact you electronically such as your email and mobile telephone numbers which we will use to send you details of offers and promotions;
Specific details in relation to each of the above processing activities are set out below.
Who we are
Please click here to see who we are. The entities listed are the owners and operators of retail outlet villages “Villages” indicated against their name and of The Bicester Village Shopping Collection™. The Villages include retail outlet villages outside of the EU and EEA including those in China. References in this Agreement to “we” or “us” are to the entities listed. Each of the listed entities are committed to protecting your privacy and are joint data controllers within the meaning of data protection laws applicable in the EU and EEA.
Why do we need to collect and use information about you?
We are owners and operators of the Villages and of The Bicester Village Shopping Collection™ and one of the purposes of the Privilege Programme is to keep you up-to-date with information about each of the Villages around the world from time to time and about Chic Outlet Shopping®, as well as about offers and promotions we or the retail outlets who operate at the Villages may have from time to time.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect the information you provide to us as part of your registration and any further information you provide to update your registration details from time to time. This information includes your name, address, place of residence, nationality, gender, date of birth, email, land and mobile phone numbers and other contact details.
Depending upon the type of access device you use, additional information is collected electronically when you enter a Village and/or when you enter a retail outlet. The information we collect is your location at any particular time when in a Village as well as the time, place and frequency of your use of the access device. The access device referred to in this Agreement is the card, mobile application or other electronic identification device or software application we provide you from time to time. Collection of this information is an essential element of participation in the Privilege Programme to which you have consented (see above). With this information we can give you up to date information regarding offers and promotions when you visit a Village.
We also collect information concerning your transactions at a retail outlet on a point of sale device. This includes details of the items purchased and amounts spent. By processing this information we can ensure you receive only those marketing communications which we believe to be of real interest to you. We may combine this information with other information we hold about you (see each of our general privacy policies, details of which are available here but only for the same purpose for which it was originally collected.
Where we store or process your information
The information we collect from you will also be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EU and EEA specifically to Villages and retail outlets in China and to our suppliers and partners in India and the USA. Such destinations may not have laws which protect your information to the same extent as in the EU and EEA. It will be processed by us or by our suppliers and partners operating outside the EU and the EEA, but we will ensure that your information is treated by us and each of our suppliers and partners securely and is protected against unauthorised access, loss or destruction, unlawful processing and any processing which is inconsistent with the purposes set out in this Agreement.
A list of persons who process your information on our behalf (i.e. our suppliers and partners) outside of the EU and the EEA is set out below:
Responsys Inc. 900 Cherry Avenue, 5th Floor, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA;
Salesforce.com Inc, The Landmark@One Market, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
How we use your information
We use the information held about you in a variety of ways as follows:-
- to better understand your preferences and to personalise our services to you including to better understand which Villages you visit and when you like to visit them ;
- to better understand the retail outlets in which you prefer to shop and what items you prefer to purchase at relevant times of the year. With this information we can more efficiently provide you with information which is most relevant to you;
- to provide you with information about events, special offers, promotions and other relevant matters concerning the Villages, The Bicester Village Shopping Collection™ and the retail outlets at the Villages including the goods which they sell.
- to share your information with retail outlets in any of our Villages for the purposes of us or them informing you of goods, services, promotions, offers and forthcoming events which may be of interest to you.
- data cleansing to ensure that the information we hold is kept accurate and up to date;
- for research and analysis and in order that we may contact you from time to time for such a purpose or for the purpose of conducting surveys or focus groups; and
- to notify you about changes to our services.
We will keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes of the Privilege Programme and we will in any event delete your information no later than three years after our last contact with you.
How we contact you
In order to provide you with the benefits of the Privilege Programme we will contact you by post, e-mail, SMS text messages, telephone or other means including other electronic means such as Facebook and social media applications, but only using such contact details as you provide to us from time to time.
If you no longer wish to receive such or certain communications, you can cancel your registration for the Privilege Programme by contacting us at PrivilegeProgramme@chicoutletshopping.com or you may update your preferred contact details at any time by completing the registration update form available here or again by contacting us at the above address.
We share information amongst ourselves and disclose information to:
- to retail outlets located at the Villages (who may contact you directly);
- to suppliers that process information on our behalf and partners who assist in providing the Privilege Programme for details.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to protect the rights, property or safety of our business, our customers or others. This includes in specific cases exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection; and
- successors in title or replacement operators of all or part of our respective businesses.
You have the right to ask us not to process your information for marketing purposes. To do so would be inconsistent with the Privilege Programme, so if you no longer wish us to do so, you should cancel your registration to the Privilege Programme. (see above)
You are entitled to ask us whether we are keeping information about you, the source of such information, the purposes for which it is used, and to whom it is disclosed. You can also ask to have access to any such information. In order to receive a copy of any personal data that we currently hold about you, please send your contact details including address and proof of identification (such as a copy of your passport, ID card or driving licence) to PrivilegeProgramme@chicoutletshopping.com or the following address:
Privilege Programme Team
50 Pingle Drive
Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 6WD
We allow you to challenge personal data that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you may have personal data erased, rectified, amended or completed. We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with a copy of your personal data and to have personal data erased, rectified, amended or completed to the extent we are legally entitled to do so but will give reasons for our refusal, and you may challenge our decision.